1.05.2007

Airports

Due to the nature of my job, I find that a good part of my time is spent in Airports and Airplanes. Airports are amazing to me, because it is so rare to find a place that is simultaneously filled with so many emotions at once.

The joy of someone returning, the sadness of someone's parting. The anxiety and nervousness of first time fliers. The anger at those who have missed a flight, or lost luggage. It's an emotional cocktail.

The people you meet in airports will never meet you again (most likely) and you rarely even learn the names of those you talk to for 4 hours from Atlanta to Sacramento.

I can't really think of too many other places that are like that. Possibly a hospital, since babies are born there. I don't know, just a thought since I didn't have a lot of time to write today.

No comments: