10.30.2006

Long Weekends and Ninjas

Man, this weekend I had a blast. Because my job has me working all over the country, we work 6 10 hour days a week, and then every three weeks we get 3-4 days off to relax, or go visit home. This was our rotation weekend (which is why today was my first post since last week), and for this weekend I flew my mom from Tallahassee over to San Francisco for a few days.

She had never been this far west, and was very excited to come. Over a two day span we hit San Francisco twice. On Day 1 we got on the train to San Francisco, and took the F train over to Pier 1. From there it was a nice walk to Pier 39 (which for those who've never been, is a must see). That is one of the larger tourist attractions, they have all sorts of shops, restaurants, bands, a carousel, an aquarium, and a conveniently located liquor shop! There is also a great view of Alcatraz.







We took a Bay Cruise from Pier 39 underneath the Golden Gate Bridge, around Alcatraz, and back to the Pier. We got wonderful views there also!






And.....


The next day I took her to China Town, and we ate at a restaurant called "The Oriental Pearl." I heard about it from my girlfriend who heard about it from Rachel Ray's $40 a Day. Way to go Rachel! It was amazing food, and great prices. That day was a little less eventful, as I had to come to work today, and we only spent a few hours there. However I did learn that people with more money than time on their hands shouldn't go into ninja shops...







How awesome is that? Now I just have to find something to climb.

No comments: