12.14.2006

Home Sweet Hotel

Well, everything Wednesday went pretty well. Actually, surprisingly well! My flight from Houston to Denver was uneventful. However from Denver all the way to Sacramento I experienced the most turbulence I have ever seen on an airplane. Spilled my coke on my lap...but on the plus side I was all by myself on the last row of the plane. So, this meant I could lay down all the way across the chairs and sleep the entire trip. I woke up as they were pulling in to the gate!

Now we get to try it all again next Thursday when I fly back to my real home in Florida.

Today's Topic of Conversation, now that I can spare a few minutes:

Here is something that bothers me to no end. As I have stated in previous posts, I have very little but contempt for the way our Congress runs.

Why is it that it is 2006, and already people are nominating themselves as "presidential hopefuls"? That's like going to your grandpa as he sits on his death bed and saying, "Hey, can I get that cool pistol you have? I know you'll be dead soon...and I just wanted to call it first."

It also reminds me of those teenagers who jump onto forums and say, "FIRST POST!!!!!!!11! LOL" and then nothing else of any value. I mean, what are they trying to accomplish?

You have two years left to do your job, and already you're campaigning for a new one? Jon Stewart made a quip about it in his book.

"Now that you've won your election campaign what's next? To plan for re-election!"

Honestly it makes no sense to me at all. How are you going to have time to fix issues while you are trying to campaign at the same time? That's like going in as a burger flipper and going up to the manager saying, "I would like to be the manager, don't worry about those burgers burning in the back ground..."

If I made my presidential career path via being a congress man, I would do my job and then say, "Look what I did. If you like what I've done and what I continue to do, vote for me." Not, "Hey, look what I'm gonna try to do as president! Don't worry about the promises I made to get in the senate, I can do so much more in the presidency!"

No comments: